Read more here and be sure to sign the petition:
The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather -
Love this song. Listening to it over and over. So evocative. I have spring fever…finally we’re out of the deep freeze and those palm trees in the video are beautiful. I have been thinking a lot about moving south during this cold weather.
‘VCAT- Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes’ by JolenesVintage https://www.etsy.com/shop/IntrigueU4Ever
Spring is right around the corner! It’s time to inject some vintage style and charm into your warm weather wardrobe!
Sponsored by send bulk email from excel.
This blog was nominated for a Liebster award by http://fitnessduo.wordpress.com/ - Thank you!!!
Liebster means ‘Dearest’ in German and is an award given to newer bloggers and for readers to branch out and find new blogs that they may love. If you like what someone is writing, you are sure to find someone else you’ll like referred by them. The recognition is from bloggers to bloggers and is like you are giving a ‘virtual hug’ to an up and coming writer, saying “I see & understand you & I want others to see what I see”. It’s the best compliment you can give a blogger, by stating that their writing is ‘worth’ the read!
1) Thank the Person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My responses to the 10 questions posed to me:
1. What made you start your fitness journey? I love to move and do things – never have I stepped into a gym with the goal of “losing weight”. It has always been a desire to stay healthy and enjoy myself.
2. What’s your biggest fitness/health accomplishment? Going vegetarian is actually the biggest accomplishment – I can’t think of a better thing to do for my health!
3. What’s the best advice you have for others on the path to health and fitness? Find food and exercise that makes you happy. I feel bad for people who don’t enjoy what they eat or their fitness – I wonder how productive their exercise is when they are just going through the motions. Also, don’t try to compete with others – compete with yourself!
4. What’s the toughest thing you face on a day to day basis in regards to your health and fitness? Finding healthy food at prices I can afford. I spend a lot of time looking at labels to make sure I’m not drowning myself in sodium and sugar.
5. What’s your favorite healthy food? Avocados and coconuts.
6. What makes you not give up? I have no desire to be unhealthy – healthy feels good and tastes good.
7. What was the hardest thing to give up when you started on your health and fitness journey? Cheetohs
8. Why did you start blogging? As a way to connect with others.
9. What are your fitness and health goals? I would like to have a diverse diet where I am not eating the same things over and over again. I want to have a balanced diet where I am getting the right nutrients. I would like a bit more muscle without too much bulk.
10. Have you gotten a lot of support for your goals or have you gotten any negative feedback? As far as going vegetarian I have some great supporters…people I don’t know usually just ask how I get my protein…some people think I’d be healthier eating animal products, but I continue to research and see a lot of good support for my decision.
The blogs I chose are all blogs that focus on health and fitness.
My 10 Questions for My Nominees:
1. What made you start your fitness journey?
2. What’s your biggest fitness/health accomplishment?
3. What’s the best advice you have for others on the path to health and fitness?
4. What’s the toughest thing you face on a day to day basis in regards to your health and fitness?
5. What’s your favorite healthy food?
6. What makes you not give up?
7. What was the hardest thing to give up when you started on your health and fitness journey?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What are your fitness and health goals?
10. Have you gotten a lot of support for your goals or have you gotten any negative feedback?
It is evidently a myth that it never keeps raining for long in Hawaii – or perhaps that only stands true for the Big Island. It has been raining constantly here in Honolulu today, but it doesn’t feel terrible as it is not cold. We took a walk to Peace Cafe http://www.peacecafehawaii.com/ I had the “Popeye” sandwich - miso-tahini spinach & tofu on really hearty bread. Nick had “Tempting Tempeh” which involved teriyaki tempeh on the same bread. We want to go back we enjoyed it so much.
Today we visited Loving Hut in Honolulu http://lovinghut.us/honolulu/menu.html We loved the food and the message. I had the “Rainbow Sandwich” in which cilantro, cucumbers, organic cashew pate, carrots, daikon and vegan mayo mingled with vegan ham to produce a fresh taste. My sister had the “Supreme Soba” which was a special and not on their regular menu. She found it satisfying and the vegetables well seasoned, but thought the noodles could have had more flavor – soy sauce may have been beneficial. My husband had the “Guru Curry” and found it to be quite nice and very filling. The inclusion of taro probably makes this curry unique to Hawaii? Everything about our trip to and from Loving Hut was anything but lovely, though. First my sister’s phone navigation sent us in the wrong direction and we decided to catch a bus after going too far off track. On our return trip we got on the wrong bus (how were we to know there were opposite routes for bus 2). We ended up going through some tough areas and going the opposite direction all the way to the end of the line. So finally we hopped on the bus going the right way toward Waikiki. Lesson learned – buses are not always the quickest route from Point A to Point B. We might just walk to our next destination, Peace Cafe which is in the same area. http://www.peacecafehawaii.com/what.html
Visit to Polynesian Cultural Center – Pros & Cons
Pros: Beautiful lush environment – Cons: There is so much to see it is overwhelming, and so many people trying to see it. It rained all day.
Pros: Great entertainment & very helpful staff. Cons: I wonder if the staff aren’t overworked. Our tour guide was also doing demonstrations and part of the evening entertainment.
Pros: Bountiful food – the hawaiian rolls and bread pudding are soo tasty. Cons: They cook a pig and everyone runs to watch them bring it out of the underground oven.
Pros: Lots of talent in the form of dancing, music and humor. I feel I learned quite a bit about the islands, our our tour bus played a video that really summed up the history well.
It is our 2nd full day and we still haven’t left the beach and wandered into the city. That is okay as the beach is very long and there are so many neat places to stop. As you can see we visited Derussy Park right beside the Army Museum. The doves there love to be fed. We had breakfast at The Shorebird and drinks at Beach Bar. There we saw a small dove missing a foot and we felt bad for him, but then didn’t feel so bad as he was getting around just fine while living in a beautiful resort. :) Our balcony is also visited by some repeat customers, a pair of doves and a small red head bird.
My day at the Hilton was ruled by food – Dinner at Fresco Italian Restaurant was outstanding. See the first several photos – this upper level restaurant is spacious and can become open air when all the large windows are opened. We were seated on the north side so were able to take in the entertainment at the luau on the lawn. The staff was extremely friendly. Nick had eggplant parmesan, his favorite. I had tortellini with vegetables – the pesto used macadamia nuts. It was verrrry rich, very tasty. For dessert we had mango sorbet which was very flavorful and even fragrant.
Mid-day we snacked on fruit drinks at Lanakai Juice – fresh and local. We’ll definitely be going back throughout our stay. Our first meal took us back to the CJ New York Style Deli – this time I had one of their most popular items, pancakes with macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, strawberries and coconut cream as topping.
Other observations not related to the consumption of delicious foods: Most of the women strolling through the resort are very stylish. The beach and lagoon area are very peaceful at night. There is neat wildlife to be found throughout the resort – birds including ducks and macaws, turtles, penguins, koi fish. The trees and flowers throughout are beautiful.